Saturday 14 July 2012

Top 10 Greatest Villains


I was thinking about my favourite villains the other day and I found it really hard. I started off with my favourite films, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (2001-2003) and was sat there thinking the villains aren't massively amazing in the films. So, it got me thinking who my top 10 greatest villains.
I would like to point out these are my greatest villains from the films I have seen. You may have different ideas.

10. T-Rex Jurassic Park (1993)
Ok, it's not the greatest villain ever, or a person, but he is scary. He's a dinosaur with massive teeth. I put him on my list because as a child I refused to watch it because I was so scared of the T-Rex.

9. Loki Thor (2011) and Avengers Assemble (2012)
I felt obliged to include Loki because I love his character. I think he's a good villain because you understand his motives.

8. Scar The Lion King (1994)
He kills his own brother, makes his nephew watch and will stop at nothing to hold onto the throne of Pride Rock, including the attempted killing of his nephew. He's evil.

7. The Evil Queen Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
Her motives explain why she's on my list. She wants to kill an innocent girl just because a mirror has told her that she is more beautiful than her.

6. Alex DeLarge A Clockwork Orange (1971)
The boy enjoys drinking drugged milk, brutal violence and sexual assault. Enough said.

5. Norman Bates Psycho (1960)
Not only does he kill his own mother, but he proceeds to dress up in her clothes and kill other women and this is all because he hates women. Plus, he made my friend scream like a little girl.

4. Agent Smith Matrix Trilogy (1999-2003)
The computer system that loathes humans and will stop at nothing to leave the Matrix (He hates the smell). He is an unfair fighter as he creates multiple versions of himself and to stop one man and this is why I have included him.

3. Darth Vader Star Wars: The Original Trilogy (1977-1983)
The bringer of the Emperor's wrath, the man who can kill with a look and his determination to corrupt his own son get him on my list and into spot number 3. (He is also slightly cool)

2. Amon Goeth Schindler's List (1993)
His character I believe is the definition of evil. His emotionless, cold and callous attitude to the inmates of the camp and his enjoyment at shooting them and their suffering make him truly evil.

1. The Joker The Dark Knight (2008)
I really like the Joker and I feel he is the greatest Batman villain, if not the greatest villain of all time (so far). He is different because he has no plans for world domination, revenge or personal game. He just enjoys playing his little game with Batman and killing others. He enjoys the idea of the world burning and him and Batman the only two left in an endless battle. He is a great villain and it will be hard to top him (Good Luck Bane).

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord of the Rings villains aren't massively amazing? What about Sauron - he who wants to cover the world in his ever growing darkness and send out his army of heavens rejects, and he's only a spirit in the form of an eye. Plus Saruman, who thinks he's hip hop and cool and feels fly 'cause he has his own army of even bigger rejects, when really he's just a crumbly old fart who can't handle loosing. Pussy.
    Good list however, I just feel at least one LORT villain needs to be included.
    Ps. You also have Gothmog who.. quite frankly... is fuck ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Sauron is just an eye and I don't that is scary enough and Saruman is just an old man doing somebody elses bidding, he can't think for himself.
    The only ones I think could possibly come in are the Nazgul because they're caped an could strike fear into anybody. They'd be number 11 I think. Plus no man can kill them.
    I also forgot Voldemort :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this idea for a post even though I disagree with some of your favourites. I'd have probably put PotC's Beckett on there too as he's epic. The Joker though is definitely one of the best ever! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the end I was just rating them by evilness because my favourites would be really random ones like Davy Jones for the pure fact that he's played by Bill Night.So, I threw in some of my favourites and did the rest like Norman Bates and Alex DeLarge as they are great villains because they are so evil.

    ReplyDelete